Practitioners can share patient‘s charts with other practitioners who work within the same office. Chart sharing allows for practitioners to view shared patient charts, but does not allow the chart to be edited.
Step 1: Open Smart Charts
- On the left-hand side navigation bar, select ‘Smart Charts‘
- Search a patient’s name, if needed.
- Choose a specific chart to share. Select the ‘sharing preference‘ icon under ‘Actions‘
- Select from the “Share” drop down, one of the options to share, this specific chart, all of this patients charts, or all of your charts.
- Select which practitioner is receiving the information.
- Check ‘Yes‘ to the patient consent.
- Select ‘Share Chart‘
The practitioner can now find the shared charts within the ‘Charts Shared With You’, located on the Smart Charts page.