Step 1: Setting Up Tax Rates
Setting up Tax Rates is the first step in assigning a tax to products and services provided.
- Select “Billing & Dispensary” from the left-hand Main Navigation Bar.
- Select “Settings” from the top menu bar then click “Tax Rates”.
- On the right hand, there is a “+” icon to add a new tax rate.
- Fill out the Tax Name, Rate, select the Type and check off Default.
- If the tax rate has a code, this can be applied in the name.
- Select save, on the right-hand side.
You can create as many Tax Rates as you need as shown below.
Step 2: Creating a Tax Group
SmartND already provides two pre-saved “Tax Groups”. These tax groups are “Downloadable Products” and “Taxable Goods” Neither of these tax groups have to be used. If you wish to create a new tax group, follow the below steps:
- Select “Settings” in the top menu bar.
- Select “Tax Groups”.
- On the right hand, there is a “+” icon to add a new tax group.
- Fill out the “Tax Group Title” and “Description”
Step 3: Applying the Tax Rate to a Tax Group
- To add a “Tax Rate” to the newly created “Tax Group”, click on the blue “+” icon.
- Choose a previously created “Tax Rate” to apply to the “Tax Group”
- Fill out the “Priority” box as 1.
- Select ‘Save’ along the right side of the page, this will bring you back to your Tax Groups List.
To delete specific “Tax Groups”, check off the box beside the Tax Group name and select the ‘delete’ icon.
Step 4: Applying a Tax Group to a Product/Service
- Click “Products” in the top menu bar and click “Product List”
- Here, you will see the “Product Name”, “Category” and “Tax Group”
- From the drop-down menu, in the column “Tax Group”, you can choose which to be assigned to the specific product/service.